I had looked for happiness in fast living,
but it was not there.
I tried to find it in money,
but it was not there, either.
But when I placed myself in tune with what
I believe to be fundamental truths of life,
when I began to develop my limited ability,
to rid my mind of all kinds of tangled thoughts,
and fill it with zeal and courage and love,
when I gave myself a chance
by treating myself decently and sensibly
I began to feel the stimulating, warm glow of happiness,
and life for me began to flow..
..like a stream between smooth banks.
- Andrew Young
but it was not there.
I tried to find it in money,
but it was not there, either.
But when I placed myself in tune with what
I believe to be fundamental truths of life,
when I began to develop my limited ability,
to rid my mind of all kinds of tangled thoughts,
and fill it with zeal and courage and love,
when I gave myself a chance
by treating myself decently and sensibly
I began to feel the stimulating, warm glow of happiness,
and life for me began to flow..
..like a stream between smooth banks.
- Andrew Young

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.