Thursday, November 20, 2008

As white as snow!

Christmas is a wonderful time.. a beautiful feeling. And when I learnt what a 'White Christmas' is, I was more than excited to know what it would be like. Snow was something I had not seen in all these 25 years of my life!
One boring morning, I was brooding over something I dont remember now, looking out of the train window in such bored mood.. there was some dust like thing falling down all the way for the last 5mins. It got me more irritated to see its all over the place.. small and falling from the sky! For sometime, my head was all blank. All of a sudden, mood lifts off, and I realized it could be snow! My neighbor was telling me it snowed the day before and asked if I saw it.. I was soo angry that I missed the first snow at Connecticut! Well.. how do I know if this is snow.. I gathered some courage, walked upto S (my neighbor at work) and asked him if this is "snow".. I did not wait for the answer.. I knew it from his smile.. I generally said, this is my first.. and slowed down my pace..
Just look up the sky.. small small flakes.. may be miniature flakes.. falling soo gently as if it might hurt when it falls.. In a minute, its there all over the place.. this time it looked good and not dirty.. I wait till all the fellow passengers passed past me. I stretch my hands and try to get the biggest snow flake on my gloved hand and whoa..as soon as it landed, it melted awy not even giving me a second to see it! Well.. I am not subdued so soon.. Look up the sky, let them fall on ur face.. it is soo gentle and wowow.. its beautiful when it lands on your nose..
Well. I reached my office.. and the snow just came down to lift my spirits... made sure I smiled my way to my cube and then went away!
Will wait again.. and will make a big snowman when it snows again! The wait will be not be long!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.